The Carers Information Service offers information, advice and support to carers who either live in, or care for someone who lives in the London Borough of Croydon. A carer looks after a friend, family member or neighbour who needs their help due to illness, disability or old age. The care they provide is unpaid.
We also run the Carers Support Centre, the one stop shop for carers in Croydon. Come and find us at 24 George Street, Croydon CR0 1PB (opposite George Street tram stop) - see a map. Open Monday to Friday, 10am-1pm.
We are part of John Whitgift Foundation and receive funding from Croydon Council. All of our services for carers are free.
What we offer carers in Croydon
- Information and advice via telephone helpline: 020 8649 9339, option 1 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) and email: email@example.com. This also includes regular specialist advice surgeries on benefits, debt, employment, SEND and mental health.
- Carer’s Assessments for adult carers of an adult resident in Croydon.
- Health and Wellbeing Service including online and in-person activities throughout the month
- Carers Training Service providing online and in-person workshops and courses.
- Carers Respite Service enabling carers to take a break.
- Drop-in Carers Café - currently closed due to government restrictions.
- Useful publications, such as the How To Guide for Carers, quarterly newsletter, Carers News and regular e-bulletin, What's New for Carers.
- Free Carers Support Centre membership and registration as a carer.
- Emergency carers plan and cards to give carers peace of mind.
- Special events for carers, including Carers Week and Carers Rights Day.
- Radar keys for disabled toilet access on sale for £3 at the Carers Support Centre.